Spring is finally here! So once again we are seeking a summer intern to help us through the busy season.
Redbud Design LA/ Redbud Development is a unique mix of design and construction companies specializing in the custom design and quality installation of residential and boutique commercial projects.
This is a part- time internship (potentially transitioning to full-time) where the student will shadow our staff directly, participating in all the activities of the office from project meetings, site visits to assess subcontractor quality control, in-office design charettes, etc. The student will be given opportunities to assist the landscape architect in conceptual design phase and in computer-aided drafting (Vectorworks) . We hope to give prospective landscape architects hands on experience, to be creative designers and to gain valuable construction knowledge while simultaneously providing a service to our clients.
We are seeking a qualified upper classmen or a recent graduate with either a Bachelors or Masters degree in landscape architecture from an accredited university or a degree in landscape design. Experience in the field a plus. Potential candidates should have:
- Excellent design sensibility
- Practices sustainable design principles
- Self motivated
- Strong organization and time management abilities
- Dynamic communication skills
- Energetic leadership skills
- Must have a desire to work in a fun and collaborative atmosphere
- Proficiency with CAD – VectorWorks preferred
- Google SketchUp
- Hand design and computer graphics skills
- Knowledge relative to the following:
- Garages, decks, pergolas, outdoor kitchens
- Pool houses, pools, spas
- Site grading and drainage
- Plant material design and selection
- Working knowledge of Mac a plus
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc…