2 Commerce Park Drive, Wilton, NY 12831
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Category: Blog

14 Jun 2011

Heading to your local nursery?

This time of year most people love to add a splash of color in the front or spruce up a section of the garden with some new plants.  Before you head out to the nursery you should at least take some mental notes and make some general decisions. For example, are you looking for annuals… View Full Article

26 May 2011

Marigolds…you either love ’em or hate ’em

The popular orange or yellow annual flower… is not one of my personal favorites…but why do so many people plant them? Well, they are native to North America, they are very hardy (Hardiness Zone of 3 to 10), they are deer and rabbit resistant AND they even are said to be insect repellent.  Some species… View Full Article

23 May 2011

Don’t be Fooled by the Word “Landscape”

Many people assume that “landscape design” or “landscape contractor” is strictly a Come-Plant-Me-Some-Shrubs-Or-Flowers venture.While much time is spent on choosing and arranging the proper plant material for each specific site, I would say that roughly 80% of a typical project is geared toward the hardscape or construction elements and the remaining 20% is embellishment with… View Full Article

11 May 2011

Japanese Maple Transplant

Redbud is currently working on a project where the client wisely decided to try and save a beautiful old Japanese Maple tree.  The tree is approximately 25 feet tall with a head diameter of roughly 25 ft as well.  In order to safely transplant this tree a specialist was consulted.  An enormous whole was dug… View Full Article

Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce